Req ID: 97156
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Java Developer (AngularJS, OpenShift) to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina (US-NC), United States (US).
Remote work option is available due to Covid-19 with expectation that this position will relocate to office location at a later stage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, develop, and test new and/or modify existing web applications in languages such as Java, J2EE, Spring framework.
Follow Java & J2EE design patterns and the coding guidelines to design and develop the application.
Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using Java and software products, designing and conducting tests.
Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long-term business and system requirements
Debugging and isolating production incident by looking JAVA code and provide, as & when needed, code fixes to reduce the issue turnaround time.
Active participants in code deployment and performed required validation on deployed code.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent technical skills; understanding of how software works
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good judgement, self-directing, takes initiative to solve problems rather than waiting to be told, but also is aligned with the team’s mission and objectives and works according to set priorities.
Excellent technical and Agile knowledge:
- Understanding of memory management and garbage collection in managed runtimes like Java and .NET.
- Understanding of parallel execution, multi-threading, and modern asynchronous language constructs.
- Understanding of Agile software development practices such as Continuous Integration, Behavior-Driven Development, build pipeline, full test automation.
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum principles such as Agile backlogs, User Stories, Agile Estimation and Planning.
5+ years of experience in
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.